Saturday 21st November is the start of this year’s weekend of long boat racing at Lake Mabprachan. This is an exciting annual event that has been held here since 2000 and across Thailand for centuries.
Racing starts at 09:00 and goes on until 18:00 hrs and this will be a gathering of well-known long boat teams from every province and region of Thailand.
This exciting weekend of racing and other fun-filled activities is a must visit event! Plus, it’s Free Entrance! One notable contest to see is the fascinating long-drum competition, also there will be a traditional buffalo race. Thai’s and foreigners alike are made very welcome at this enjoyable celebration of culture.
The boat racing at the lake is divided into 3 categories;
- Up to 55 Paddlers Cup. (HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn will present the winners with the cup and prize money.)
- Up to 30 Paddlers Cup. (HRH Soamsawali will present the winners with the cup and prize money.)
- Tiny Ship Type Trophy. (Tiffany King will present trophy and prize money.)
This is the leading race meeting of its kind in the Kingdom. According to a Unique Thai tradition, the long boat racing is to be held every year. The event is aimed at glorifying the monarchy and the King has maintained this ancient tradition to the present day in order to preserve an important part of Thai heritage and culture.
Long boat racing was originally held to mark the end of the rainy season in Thailand’s ancient capital city Ayutthaya, many hundreds of years ago. (Thailand was called Siam at this time.)
- FeaturedWonderfruit 2018 Phornprapha 1, 50 Moo 9 T. Banglamung, Pong, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri, 20150, Thailand13December, 2018 2018-12-13 16:00 to 2018-12-17 12:00
- FeaturedFIGHT NIGHT At Pattaya Boxing World 387 moo 6 Sukhumwit, Naklua, Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 2015027December, 2018 Thursday, 7PM to 11PM